- 1 can Butter Beans, drained
- 1 can Kidney Beans, drained
- 2 cans Chopped Tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon Smoked Paprika
- 1 teaspoon Cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon Granulated Garlic
- 1 tablespoon Brown Sugar
- 2 Vegetable Stock Pots or Cubes
- 3/4 cup of Red Wine* or Ale
- A good squeeze, Ketchup
- About 1/2 tablespoons Marmite (not too much)
- Good pinch of Black Pepper
- 10 grams of 85% cocoa Chocolate
- Handful of Fresh Coriander/Cilantro
- Sour cream*, grated cheese*, diced jalapeños to top!
No prep! Add all the ingredients in the slow cooker, except the chocolate and coriander, and cook on high for 4 hours or low for 8. When cooked, add chocolate and cook for a further 5 minutes. Finally stir in torn, fresh coriander and serve with a dollop of sour cream, grated cheese, and jalapeños.
Add some yummy pork sausages if you do enjoy meat. I used some delicious Gloucester Old Spot sausage from my local butcher.
*Omit for the vegan version or use substitutes. In the case of the wine, you could add stock or water.