..you’ll never reach for a packet again
- 350 ml, Whole milk (for a pouring custard, add a bit more milk once cooked until at desired consistancy)
- 100 grams or 1/2 cup, Caster or Granulated sugar
- 30 grams or 2 tablespoons, Flour
- 4 Egg Yolks (Make yourself some meringue cookies or a tasty cheese, and spinach omelette with the whites!)
- 1 tsp, Vanilla Bean Paste or good quality extract
- Zest of half a Lemon (optional)
Combine all the ingredients into your sauce pot, and cook over medium-high heat, stirring constantly for about 5 minutes or until custard has thickened.
Serve hot or put in the fridge, covered with plastic wrap to serve cold.
Tip: When storing, place plastic wrap directly on top of the custard to avoid a skin forming on top.