- 2 cans of chickpeas (drained)
- 1000 grams passata
- 3 or 4 large fragrant tomatoes or a a dozen or so cherry tomatoes (optional)
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 garlic clove, finely grated
- 1 tablespoon ginger purée or freshly grated ginger
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 tablespoons turmeric
- 1 teaspoon cayenne (optional)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4-6 tablespoons double cream*
- 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil (or other flavourless oil)
(Can also add any leftover veggies you need to use up in the fridge like a bit of zucchini, white cabbage, or spinach, for example.)
Soften diced onions in a pan with your salt and a couple tablespoons of oil over medium-high heat. Once softened add ginger, garlic, and spices. Cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly to avoid burning the garlic.
Add drained chickpeas, passata, and tomatoes. Cover and bring to a boil, then reduce to low heat, and let simmer for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Add cream, and heat through, and serve with some basmati rice!
*For the vegan version, simply omit the cream or use a substitute.